Chapter Charter: 1892
The Pawtucket Chapter operates, maintains, and serve as Docents at the Daggett House (built in 1685) located in Slater Park.
Pawtucket Chapter dedicates their time upholding the goals of the National Society:
Historic Preservation: The chapter not only gives tours of their historic house, they are also charged with coordinating the upkeep of this beautiful Rhode Island landmark.
Education: Pawtucket sponsors local classrooms where they donate much needed education supplies. Pawtucket Chapter also sponsors students who wish to participate in American History Essay Competitions as well as awards junior ROTC medals and nominates students for good citizen awards.
Patriotism:This chapter spends a lot of time supporting both active duty military and veterans in their community. The chapter collects coupons to be sent out overseas to active duty and their families, as well as holds book donation drives and donations of homemade blankets to the local VA hospital. Chapter members can also be spotted handing out American Flags during events in the park.
- Pawtucket is the 2nd oldest chapter in Rhode Island and the 15th Chapter organized in the Nation!
- Pawtucket Chapter meets one Saturday a month during May-June and September-December.
- Pawtucket Chapter is the only Rhode Island Chapter with a house, giving the ladies of the chapter a great responsibility and great source of pride.
- Pawtucket Chapter is an active chapter with members of all ages.
- Pawtucket Members welcome anyone who wants to help work to make our community an even better place. Please feel free to reach out.
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations,
or individual DAR chapters. For issues with our site, please contact our Webmaster. Unless otherwise noted, all photos courtesy of RIDAR. Last updated 1/1/2018.